I help organise PHP Yorkshire, the only PHP conference in the north of England, based in York, now in its third year. After helping in the first year, I was asked to do more things for the second year.
Things I do for the conference include:
- Look after the speakers in the run up to, and during, the conference weekend by organising transport to/from the train station, making sure speakers know what to expect, and answering questions
- Help choose the conference schedule
- Writing marketing material (including emails and tweets) and informational emails to delegates
- In the 2nd year, stepping in as track host. Ensuring speaker is there and prepared, ensuring the talk starts and finishes on time, introducing the speaker, sorting out any issues during the talk
- Being a visible point of contact for the Code of Conduct, and working with the rest of the organising team to deal with any violations
- Helping welcome delegates to the conference at the registration desk